Tuesday, May 19, 2015

This year's garden? It is off to a great start.

Spending the last year improving the garden beds, should yield more food. And from the looks of the gardens, this will hold true. In 2014 we had standard beds, cut from the soil. This year, raised beds were built, lots of good top soil, compost and manure has been added. Here is our growing progress for May:

Sugar snap peas pods.

Pole beans.

Bush beans.

Potatoes.

Blueberries and raspberries.

Blackberries and red currants and one gooseberry.

French breakfast radish.

Strawberries.

Lettuces.

And of course, my favorite rhubarb!

How is your garden growing?

Thank you for visiting such a busy backyard, as always we appreciate your time when you visit and your wonderful comments!

this post shared with:
garden tuesday @ sidewalk shoes
tuesday garden party @ an oregon cottage
maple hill hop @ maple hill 101
tuesdays with a twist @ back to basics
home acre hop @ on the home front

12 comments:

  1. Your garden looks great! I love rhubarb too, but I don't have any in my garden... we tried it once and it didn't make it and haven't had any since. With our small yard, we don't have a lot of room, but I would sure like to try it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks for stopping by! Rhubarb and I have a troubled past, that bed is about 5 years in the making.....

      Delete
  2. You have a nice garden. I only have a few veggies this year, mostly tomatoes, peas and cukes.

    Yael from HomeGardenDiggers blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, that garden is really through the work of my dear husband, I will pass along your nice compliment.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful garden. You have a lot planted. I am following so I can see the progress. I can't wait to see those peas and beans. Did you see my post from last week? I had a green bean problem! Come see me. Have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and following, following you too.

      Delete
  4. I love your beanpole structure. I hope to have one in my garden this year. If you want to see our garden progress, check us out at wildwestgardeners.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks wonderful. we had so much rain in North Texas that my garden is on water overload. Slow going this year I'm hoping to replant in June. Focusing on a fall garden now.
    -Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Carole, we have had lots of rain here also, but not like your area. Good luck with your fall plans!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting, your comments are appreciated!