Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Natural Mint Simple Syrup

I am a fan of mint, it is refreshing and goes with just about everything. I also like ice tea, but sometimes want a little something extra in the tea, like a splash of mint simple syrup. So I made some.....


Mint Simple Syrup
by the seat of my pants
makes 1 qt

4 c water
4 c sugar ( we use natural evaporated cane crystals )
the leaves from about 6-8 stems of mint

Boil the water, add sugar let cool. Add mint leaves.


Place in large jar and cover. Shake or stir every other day for about 10 - 14 days (this will prevent molding on the surface of the mint leaves).


Decant into a bale top bottle. Refrigerate.

Add a splash to ice tea, drizzle over melon or berries, add to mineral water with a squeeze of lime.


How would you use Natural Mint Simple Syrup?

If you like what you see here, we would appreciate it if you told your friends, if not, tell us! Our goal is to share relevant information that you will enjoy and use for yourself and your family. 

Thank you for visiting such a busy backyard, as always we appreciate your time when you visit and your wonderful comments! 

this post shared with:
this is how we roll @ homemade for elle
blog hop #5 @ our simple homestead
full plate thursday @ miz helens
homemade mondays @ frugal by choice
hearth and soul @ apriljharris.com


6 comments:

  1. I love mint too and I love mint in iced tea. I have been using mint before working out because it supposedly helps provide a better workout. I think I'll have to make a batch of this. --Rocquie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to find ways to drink more ice tea, and I hope this will help. I think I want a splash of this on some watermelon too.

      Delete
  2. What a great Simple Syrup, great for my sweet tea. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great day!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore mint and making simple syrup using it is such a great idea! I've made simple syrup before but the mint is a wonderful addition. Thank you so much for sharing this delicious summery recipe with us at the Hearth and Soul hop. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April. I hope to make raspberry simple syrup for tea later this year.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting, your comments are appreciated!