Monday, August 1, 2016

Old and new from far and wide, August 2016

Hello, we hope your week is going great on this first day in August. Take a look at what friends and other blogger are up to currently or have done in the past. So much information from older posts on just about every blog, today I am sharing these.....


Photo courtesy of Old World Farms
We had quite the visit from deer during our absence last week. They enjoyed a delicious rose bush and all the green leaves on each of the currant bushes. I am hoping one of these sprays will help in the future. I love the deer, but really I also like my roses and currants!


Photo courtesy of Hillbilly Housewife
We do have a roll of paper towels hanging in the laundry room, having crossed over to cloth towels 30+ years ago. I know we save hundreds on paper towels and honestly the couple extra towels a week do not add to the work or cost of regular laundry. The reason for the paper towels? For animal clean-up messes and draining bacon, that"s it!

 Photo courtesy of Sisters Shopping on a Shoestring
I have not tried this yet, but I sure will. Window streaks seem to be my companion when I clean windows, maybe that is due to change!

Photo courtesy of Sauver
Everywhere I look there are quinoa recipes. When I am ready to cook, I don't make them. Which is silly as I have a bag of quinoa to use up, and I actually enjoy quinoa. This looks like a great one to start with. Lemon Herb Quinoa

Photo courtesy of Tasting Table
We have started using a lot of ginger. Sometimes I peel it, other times I don't. If you fall in the must be peeled category, here is an easy method to use. 


Thank you for visiting such a busy backyard, as always we appreciate your time when you visit and your wonderful comments! 

If you like what you see here, we would appreciate it if you told your friends (we would love more followers!), if not, tell us. Our goal is to share relevant information that you will enjoy and use for yourself and your family. You can also sign up for such a busy backyard posts by email. 


Previously from such a busy backyard:

July 2016
June 2016
May 2016
April 2016
March 2016 

February 2016
January 2016
December 2015
November 2015

You may also enjoy these from Our Sunday Cafe:

July 2016
June 2016
May 2016
April 2016
March 2016
February 2016
January 2016
December 2015
November 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting, your comments are appreciated!