Tuesday, November 15, 2016

A path of nothingness.



I missed the Monday deadline to write and use some creativity that does not involve my kitchen. Granted it is a goal I sat for myself, but Monday is gone, much like the Super Moon. The next few months will be a transition, going from full time work to retirement. I am having some challenges.

I can already see that being off the clock can lead to nothingness, if one is not careful. Which means, I must be careful. There is much to get done  enjoy, in this life of mine. So many things I have not done, because I had to go to work the next day. So many things I put off, until I did not have to go to work the next day.

I will tell you right now, it is a difficult task transitioning from job ready to self ready. Job ready was easy, you were expected to arrive at a specific time, work hard to accomplish a specific standard or production quotient, then go home. The details of your fatigue and what might be possible for self later that day was not the concern of any supervisor or manager.

Where as self ready means you are not only the supervisor, but also the employee. You must organize what needs to be done, along with all the things that you want to get done. Plus you must manage your self, you know that same self that has started on the path to nothingness. To self manage is to have a clear understanding of the important things in one's own life, and get them done.


So essentially retirement is a full time upper management job.....

Thank you for visiting such a busy backyard, as always we appreciate your time when you visit and your wonderful comments! 

If you like what you see here, we would appreciate it if you told your friends (we would love more followers!), if not, tell us. Our goal is to share relevant information that you will enjoy and use for yourself and your family. 

You can also sign up for such a busy backyard posts by email, thank you for subscribing!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting (and somewhat daunting) to go from working full-time to retirement. I hope that you will give yourself permission to take your time in the transition. You've earned your "me" time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The transition has been more difficult than I had thought it would be, but I am learning. Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate it.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting, your comments are appreciated!